Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

San Francisco Labor Day Weekend 2010 Trip

It's been a few years since I've been to the bay and it's one of my favorite American cities. My girlfriend on the other hand, not so much. She's not intrigued by the Victorian charm of the Painted Ladies, not drawn by the dozens are well regarded restaurants, nor does she embrace the residents 'Manhattan' sophistication. She even believes God put a layer of fog over the city so he doesn't have to see the gays. Well, it was time to see who was right. We called 4th of July weekend and were fortuitous enough to garner a 9:15PM at The French Laundry. And this meant nothing was changing our Labor Day plans. Even if we broke up, we would still go to The French Laundry together.

I've listed our rankings of the food enjoyed with book ends being crystal clear on both of our accounts. We enjoyed all meals with the exception of Manresa, which I would describe as the worst dining experience of my life.

1 The French Laundry
2 Primavera - Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
3 Tartine Bakery
4 Koi Palace
5 Gary Danko
6 Boccalone
7 Cowgirl Creamery Artisan Cheese
8 Humphrey Slocombe Ice Cream
9 Dynamo Donuts and Coffee
10 Acme Bread Company
11 Sierra Mar
12 Manresa

In the end, I was right. It was a great time and I think she's found a new love for the city. We will be back next year, but that trip will be focused on Napa.

No comments:

Post a Comment