Search This Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

Le Cirque


151 E 58th St
New York, NY 10022
(212) 644-0202

I came here to try one thing: The potato crusted sea bass. They had to replicate it on Top Chef and Jim Lampley raved about it on After Hours with Daniel. It was getting ample attention and I had to find out why...











$47 Potato Crusted Sea Bass (6)
Not bad, but not very good, either. The preparation of the potato and fish was decent, however, the sauce was uninteresting. That's the whole dish so I don't see what's so amazing about it. I've had cereal that should have received more media coverage than this dish.

What a fucking disappointment. Two drinks, one entree, $100 out the door. Upon leaving, the coat check immigrant practically accused me of trying to steal coats since I couldn't find my ticket. Also, the place is boring. So, unless you roll in a wheelchair, there are better places in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment